School Battlefield and History Tours to Belgium and France
Our School Battlefield and History Tours are designed to complement the school curriculum and offer students an invaluable ‘hands on’ approach to learning which always leaves a lasting impression on their return to the classroom!
As members of the School Travel Forum, we understand the needs of both students and teachers when it comes to health and safety and with over 20 years experience in school travel, our attention to detail is second to none. The Ypres/Somme 2 Day Itinerary below will give you an idea of what we are able to offer, however, there are many other options to choose from including One Day Tours to either Ypres or The Somme (for schools within two hours drive from Folkestone), trips to the Normandy region or a tailor-made quotation to an alternative destination of your choice.
Ypres / Somme 2 Day Itinerary
- Tour coach arrives at the school for departure to Folkestone EuroTunnel Terminal Train departs for 35 minute journey to Coquelles, Calais
- Arrive in Ypres where you will have time to look around the Market Place before a visit to the ‘In Flanders Field’ Museum
- After lunch break, meet Guide at the Tourist Office in Market Square and depart for a 3 hour Battlefield Tour which includes Tyne Cot British Cemetery, Langemarck German Cemetery, Hill 60 and the Menin Gate Memorial.
- Check into the Poppies Hostel in Ypres. Evening meal & overnight stay.
- After breakfast check out of hostel and board coach for departure to Peronne for a visit to the Historial de la Guerre Museum
- After lunch break, meet Guide at entrance to the museum for a 4 hour Battlefield Tour to include Delville Wood at Longueval, Theipval - The Memorial to the Missing, the trenches at Beaumont-Hamel and Newfoundland Park
- The day concludes with a visit to the Musee des Abrisn Re-board coach and depart for Coquelles, Calais Euro Tunnel Terminaln Train departs for 35 minute journey to Folkestone. Continue onward journey to school (with comfort stop if required)
- Executive air-conditioned coach. Return Channel crossing by EuroTunnel or ferry
- English speaking Guide for conducted tours to Ypres & Somme Battlefield sites
- Museum Entries where specified
- Dedicated Tours Co-Ordinator to assist with your tour planning
For more information on School Battlefield and History Tours to Belgium and France please call us on 01903 832861 or email on .